Publicity comes at a price, and that is time and trouble. But when one is unexpectedly awarded with a nomination, apart from the surprise that comes out of the blue, one is flattered, and made to feel glad. The message is getting out, and some are reading my blog almost as soon as it hits the ether. Thank you, Dan Nader, of Avoiding the Stairs - you have surprised and gladdened me with this nomination. I must say I display this bright green badge with pride. And joy. And gratitude.
It could not have come at a better time.
It comes with a set of instructions: I must nominate other blogs, and I must divulge seven things about myself as an author. Hm - not an easy thing to do, since what I know about myself is not exactly riveting or the sort of thing one can put in a blog with impunity. Let's have a try regardless:
1. I have a real knack for wrapping presents. I proved it several times this week.
2. I never wear necklaces - the only thing I hang around my neck are glasses.
3. I am a very slow reader, and rarely read more than a few pages at a time. The right-left eye movement sends me to sleep like nothing else can.
4. Very hot weather is appalling. I'm a cool weather type. Having Christmas in hot weather is not exactly ideal.
5. I love music, and try to include it in my writing. Not always easy, but the effort is worth it. To find out what I like, read my fiction!
6. I used to be a heraldic artist, so I can draw a lion rampant or a griffin couchant in a space smaller than an inch square.
7. I'm the calmest of creatures in a traffic jam, and I can wait a long time for things to arrive in the mail, but I can't wait for release of my forthcoming thriller, Camera Obscura.
Now to nominate five more deserving bloggers for the Versatile award. This is very very difficult, so bear with me while I think. These are places where I read and comment frequently.
|Pic from squidoo.com|
2. Mark Hunter's Slightly Off the Mark
3. Stuart Aken's Daily Word Blogs
4. Mark Nichol's Daily Writing Tips
5. Tom Kepler's Writing Blog
There - that wasn't so hard. Now I must let these guys know. If you know them and already read these blogs, pass on the good news. If you have never heard of them, now's the time - click over to their neck of the woods, and enjoy the read.