Rosanne Dingli

Rosanne Dingli

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How it feels to be a guest blogger

Jayne Fordham's Blog
It feels great to be a guest blogger when the request comes from the manager of a site you know has good credentials.

It's a bonus when you know the blog is visited by a good number of readers. What feels best is the understanding the blog manager has of the subtle things that make a blog enjoyable to read: clarity and sharpness and an attractive layout are really what make a reader stay on. Relevant images are also good. Even if a surfer happens to stumble upon a blog, its appearance - and then its content - can make that chance guest stay on to read more.

I found this out about The Australian Bookshelf, run by Jayne Fordham. It is sharp, straight, and contains great content, with everything signposted correctly so one is never lost. If only the rest of my world were that organized!

I am this week's guest blogger at The Australian Bookshelf. Jayne asked me to talk about locations in my fiction and triggered off a reminiscence. So why not read about it there?

I would love to know how you feel about guest blogging in general. If you are an author, tell me whether you felt nervous, or if you have a favourite that I can see online. If you read blogs, please tell me whether you enjoy a guest at your bookmarked blogs, and whether guests send you looking for new books and authors you might enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment